Our instructors and counselors choose to work at StemQuest, because they cherish the opportunity to work with children in an innovative, safe and friendly environment.
StemQuest Camps have adult-led instructors and we have an average camper-to-counselor ratio of 6:1. We hire professionals already working within education or individuals who are either in college or who are postgraduates enrolled in programs and on track to work in education. We have extremely rigid hiring procedures and all members of the StemQuest Summer Camp team undergo a full background check prior to working on location.
Our overall mission is to enrich the lives of children and teens by simultaneously fostering fun and building character.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the What, Why, Who and How We Hire.
What Is The Camper to Instructor Ratio?
Safety and supervision are our top priorities. Furthermore, we promote an environment full of enrichment and attention. Therefore we maintain a camper to instructor ratio of:
- 6 to 1 ratio for campers under the age of 4
- 8 to 1 ratio for campers between the ages of 5 and 9
- 10 to 1 ration for campers 10 years old and older
Whom Do You Hire To Work The Summer Camps?
At StemQuest Summer Camps, we only hire counselors that have carefully been selected during our rigorous application and hiring process.
- All our counselors have graduated from high school and are currently teaching, coaching or working towards a technology-based, academic or education degree in college.
- The only exception would be counselors who have previously worked with groups such as Teach For America or The Peace Corps.
- Each counselor is hired due to a commitment to fulfill their professional and supportive energy while making a positive and lasting impact on the lives of children.
- StemQuest Camps create an extraordinary summer platform steeped in tradition and filled with memories to last a lifetime. Those who work at StemQuest Camp understand that it is far more than just a season at camp.
- Instead, it is a place where campers feel at home, where new experiences can be tried and old skills improved.
- Our values and goals are reflected in every aspect of each week of camp.
- From our carefully planned programs and premier facilities to our emphasis on individual achievement in a family atmosphere, StemQuest Summer Camps is truly a special place for our campers and their families.
What is the scope of the background check process for employees?
We have stringent requirements for all our full time and seasonal staff:
- All Instructors candidates undergo mandatory State and Federal criminal background checks.
- CORI, SORI, FBI Fingerprints and full background checks as well as a series of in-depth interviews with our Director of Talent and Hiring Department.
- No Instructors are permitted to be on campus without passing all the aforementioned tests.
How Do You Train Your Instructors?
We conduct Instructors’ orientation training programs that focus on a series of camp and child-related topics, which include: safety and security procedures, group management strategies, anti-bullying training and team building.
- Each Instructor receives up to 20+ hours of online training, webinar training, and on-location training before the first day of camp. Our team of top-notch, professional educators and college students possess exceptional skills, a commitment to the development of each camper and sensitivity to their needs.
- They continually offer a helping hand and provide each camper the confidence necessary to try all activities. They encourage campers to grow, to learn, to trust in their abilities and to believe in themselves. Above all, our Instructors have the determination and dedication to make a difference in the lives of children.
Will I Be Able To Meet The Camp Instructors Before The Start Of The Camp Season?
- Yes. We hold our Family Orientation in early-June.
- Camp directors and instructors will be present and available to meet and speak with parents and campers at this event.
- At this time, you will also be able to pick up all important camp-related materials and security passes.
- While it is not mandatory, we strongly encourage all campers and their families to attend Family Orientation.
We’re Hiring – Apply Today!
StemQuest Is Seeking Proactive and Positive Instructors.
Our #1 goal is to hire the most qualified, positive, inspirational, team-oriented teachers and educators to be summer camp instructors with a passion for camp, children, fun and personal development.
Working at StemQuest Summer Camps is more than simply a traditional seasonal or part time job. Join the StemQuest family and experience an environment full of care, development, value, attention to detail, and the common goal of working together as a team. Working at StemQuest Camps provides you with a unique learning experience as well as advancement opportunities for senior leadership positions in future summers.
3rd Grade Teacher / Drobots Instructor
“Love your training and support. My ability to teach and understand technology in a classroom setting has drastically improved these past 8 weeks. The training is really easy to follow and your dedicated team of support specialists we’re so eager to help me. See you next year!”